A comparison between 1 Corinthians 1:23 and Acts 3:12-15 demonstrates to the Church two completely separate views of Christ’s crucifixion:
- Christ being put to death is a central part of the Gospel for today.
- The apostle Paul glories in the cross of Christ (Gal 6:14).
- Part of the gospel that saves us is that Christ died for our sins.
- What Peter preached at Pentecost is not “glorying” in the cross of Christ.
- Peter preaches a murder indictment against the nation Israel.
- The message Peter preached about the cross was an accusation of ignorance (Acts 3:17) and a shame to Israel.
- Peter is preaching a tragedy and Paul is preaching a triumph. These are two totally separate messages and indicate two totally different programs.