For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
The “Law Principle” works through a performance system:
- If you do the works then you get the blessing.
- If you don’t do the works then you get the curse.
The Grace Principle says:
- Here are all of the blessings.
- Now serve me out of a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving.
These two Principles of Law and Grace are opposite:
- The Law Principle is what we call the “if / then” principle.
- If you do this, then God will do that.
- The Law says if you perform this, you will get a blessing.
- The Law says “if you don’t do that then you get a curse.”
- The Grace Principle says “here, and hands you the blessing.”
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- “but the gift of God” – That’s under grace.
- “is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” – Eternal life is a gift.
- God gives us up front what a person under the Law is working to get.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- Grace is all that God is free to do for you through the Cross.
- Grace gives you a blessing freely.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.